Welcome, Guest

Please login or register

FORUMS SUBMENU

Register Forum Rules Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BioRUST Forums > Site Functions > Tutorial Commenting System > Laser-Cut Metal
Sponsored Links

Thread: Laser-Cut Metal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2005   #1
Tech Support

Send a message via ICQ to Man1c M0g Send a message via MSN to Man1c M0g Send a message via Skype™ to Man1c M0g
Laser-Cut Metal

This is a thread to discuss the Laser-Cut Metal tutorial. Please keep all posts on-topic, don't spam, and read the entire thread BEFORE you post - any issues you have could be answered deeper within the thread.
Old 12-31-2005   #2
stacyrings

wanting more

I loved this tutorial up until the end. The sparkle part was what I was most interested in and you didn't tell us how you did it. I wish you would add that. The first part and the detailed instructions on adapting the brush was wonderful.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-05-2006   #3
tuan_yo

Thumbs down how do i make the fire part at the end

yae how do u make the end part.. the sparkle? cuz mines is so dull doesnt look so good ???? spend so long on adjustign the settings and i cant even make the end wth?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-06-2006   #4

Send a message via MSN to JayInc
Unhappy sprakle?

yer same here i just cant do the sparkle.. also there's the fact im not very good at photoshop so the explanation would be much appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT:damn spelling sparkle not sprakle :P
Old 01-06-2006   #5
Tech Support

Send a message via ICQ to Man1c M0g Send a message via MSN to Man1c M0g Send a message via Skype™ to Man1c M0g
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayInc
yer same here i just cant do the sparkle.. also there's the fact im not very good at photoshop so the explanation would be much appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT:damn spelling sparkle not sprakle :P
Ahhh, its quite simple really. Draw the sparkle using a brush. Now duplicate the spark layer, and run Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur with a radius of several pixels (depending on your document size). Change the blurred spark layer's blending mode to 'screen'! Now repeat this process with a different blur radius (using a duplicate of the original source sparks, of course), and keep repeating until you get the effect that you want... :P
Old 01-30-2006   #6
forever_nas

Sparkle harder than it looks

i got so far to find some spark on your (very nice) site, but im also stuck with the sparkle. i have a white spark and that dont change anything ive i blur it (what is logic) maybe you can explane a litlebit more precise how you did the spark, that would be very nice cause its a real nice tutorial.

Remco

Old 02-24-2006   #7
^Sub_Zero^

at the very end you say " set the Fill to 0% and I have no clue where that is.

Old 02-24-2006   #8
Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^Sub_Zero^
at the very end you say " set the Fill to 0% and I have no clue where that is.
Just go to Layer > Layer Effects > Blending Options. Its also visible near the opacity on earlier versions of PS.
Old 02-25-2006   #9

no spark

Well I also would have appriciated a detailed explanation on how to make the spark. Otherwise this is an excellent tutorial.
Here's my try on the tutorial (it's a banner for my blog).

Had to modify the setting a litte due to the small size, but as you can see, the spark isn't nearly as good as yours, even though I used the brushes you recommended.
Old 02-25-2006   #10
Tech Support

Arrghh! Ok, so many people have requested a tutorial on making sparks now that I *WILL* make one. Keep a look out - it should be ready in a little while...
Old 01-17-2007   #11
Tracey.S

Um...how do i change the color of my brushes? In step 4 u have a menu with brush presets where u can set the scatter, jitter etc... i get the menu...but i dont see the sliding bars where i can set the scatter and all that? PS: I'm very new to photoshop and trying to learn it still.
Thanx

Old 01-17-2007   #12
Janitor of Lunacy

Battle Wins: 22 (rank: #1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracey.S View Post
Um...how do i change the color of my brushes? In step 4 u have a menu with brush presets where u can set the scatter, jitter etc... i get the menu...but i dont see the sliding bars where i can set the scatter and all that? PS: I'm very new to photoshop and trying to learn it still.
Thanx
  1. Brushes don't have a "colour" as such - they apply whatever colour you have set as your foreground.
  2. To access the options for Brushes, you have to click on each section in the Brushes palette. For example, to set Scattering options, click where it says Scattering on the left side of the palette, then the various options with their slider bars will appear on the right.

"I might join your century, but only as a doubtful guest"
Old 01-17-2007   #13
Tracey.S

Great thanx...figured out the menu thing. I also see what u mean about the brushes...i had my background set on grayscale...so i kept getting different shades of gray...dah! Anyway...all fixed up now. Thanx

Old 09-17-2007   #14

Wink Spark thing

Hello there,
you said you would make a tutorial on how to do the spark thing, did you do that? Or could you possibly e-mail me on how to make it? jcowden85@hotmail.com
It would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-05-2008   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennc View Post
Hello there,
you said you would make a tutorial on how to do the spark thing, did you do that? Or could you possibly e-mail me on how to make it? jcowden85@hotmail.com
It would be much appreciated. Thanks.
To do the spark thing is quite easy; I'll refer to this laser cut tutor:
U have now 3 layers: background, cut and residue.
Apply on cut and residue layers Lens Flare filter[ Filter/Render/Lens Flare] and chose Movie Prime; the Brightness I set it around 150% [experience a little with it and chose what fits U].
Now merge all 3 layers in 1.
Finally on this last layer [Background] apply again this Lens Flare; go to Filter/Render/Lens Flare - for a "blue laser" use 105mm Prime and for a "red laser" use 50-300mm Zoom or 35mm Prime; the Brightness I set it around 95% [chose what fits U].
That's all.