Welcome, Guest

Please login or register

FORUMS SUBMENU

Register Forum Rules Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BioRUST Forums > Site Functions > Tutorial Commenting System > Rock Textures
Sponsored Links

Thread: Rock Textures

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2005   #1

Send a message via AIM to Order Send a message via MSN to Order Send a message via Yahoo to Order
Rock Textures

This is a thread to discuss the Rock Texture tutorial. Please keep all posts on-topic, don't spam, and read the entire thread BEFORE you post - any issues you have could be answered deeper within the thread.
Old 12-20-2005   #2

Wow. Great effect and very well explained. Good job.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-30-2005   #3
Lhii Kanakari

After completing the lighting effects part in step three it gives me an error message and then the effect cancels???

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-20-2006   #4
gage_designs

awesome

awesome tutorial. it amazes me how you can create such startling effects from filters that you wouldnt expect to be able to do it with. thanks!

Old 04-18-2006   #5
DIESEL

Smile Thanks

Before your tutorial, i would google to search for rock textures like the one in your tutorial.

A real time saver.

Thanks for posting it

Old 04-20-2006   #6

Thumbs up terrific!

I enjoyed this tutorial, it was a lot easier than I expected! It'll be great to make my own texture~
Old 11-02-2007   #7

Sweet! Easy to follow and the effects are brilliant. This one will get alot of use lol
Old 03-23-2008   #8

I am trying out this tutorial but for some reason I can't add lighting effects to the first layer and I definitely have it selected. I am making my own rock texture in a different colour would that be the problem ?
Old 03-23-2008   #9
Janitor of Lunacy

Battle Wins: 22 (rank: #1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExDespair View Post
I am trying out this tutorial but for some reason I can't add lighting effects to the first layer and I definitely have it selected. I am making my own rock texture in a different colour would that be the problem ?
After working on the new Channel (Alpha 1) in Step 2, you need to select the RGB Channel (at the top of the Channels palette) before you switch back to Layers in Step 3.

"I might join your century, but only as a doubtful guest"
Old 03-24-2008   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamlin View Post
After working on the new Channel (Alpha 1) in Step 2, you need to select the RGB Channel (at the top of the Channels palette) before you switch back to Layers in Step 3.
Ah I see it now I had my mode set in CMYK instead of RGB, and so it wouldn't give me lighting options .