Welcome, Guest

Please login or register

FORUMS SUBMENU

Register Forum Rules Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BioRUST Forums > General Community Forums > Showrooms & Works In Progress > From Death to Life
Sponsored Links

Thread: From Death to Life

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2007   #1

From Death to Life

This is a picture of life without Christ and life with Christ. I started out with it reversed because I wanted the light to be the focus. Some friends were a bit confused because it didn't match the title...From Death to Life. They said it was backwards...anyway, I reversed it. I think it's growning on me.

The face is a photograph of a friend and the rest is Photoshop in all it's glory. I'm such a PhotoShop Geek!

Any suggestions? I'm still working on it.

From Death to Life-death-life-jpg
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-12-2007   #2
adMOOnistrator

Battle Wins: 7 (rank: #4)
thank you for your comment.
heres my 2 cents.
I think that the lens flare dots (one beige/brown one in the bottom left and the smaller one near the center left) should go. after all. if the light represents an enlightened life and the dark dead side represents without, it should show no scrap of the light.
the skull and spiderweb convey the darkness very well but the rest should be a void.
well at least thats what i think.
the rest of the composition is very well played out. perhaps tone down the blue a bit. mebbe more towards white for purity?
hope this is taken with a grain of salt.
welcome to biorust by the way.
Old 09-12-2007   #3

good info

I had already desided to remove the lens flare. Good eye.

I think you are right about it being void.

Blue = Revelation. That was my thinking on that.

Question...what are the thoughts on this light (God)? I'm thinking it may be a touch too big.

Thanks for the welcome...I just found this site today. I wonder where I've been all these years? Glad I found it. It has some good stuff!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-12-2007   #4
adMOOnistrator

Battle Wins: 7 (rank: #4)
no no the light is fine. just the flare dots should leave.
the only other thing that could add to the point of your piece ispossibly to alter your brushstrokes on the flare to be intead of having 8 rays... use 4 and make the bottom ray the longest so as to more mimic a cross?
Old 09-12-2007   #5

That's good. Point taken...LOL!
Old 09-28-2007   #6

Battle Wins: 2 (rank: #20)
hey, good to see another christian on the site. The only thing I could add to the above comments is to maybe increase the contrast of the spider web just a tad. Just my tid-bit of opinionated advice.

Jah Bless
Pax

Last edited by Nitewalker; 09-28-2007 at 11:18 PM.
Old 09-30-2007   #7

Battle Wins: 3 (rank: #12)
I like the pitch black idea. The left few centimeters would look so much cooler if they were completely black. Also the blue is okay but I think that if you fade to white on the right edge of the screen it would work nicely. Keep the blue near the middle but fade to white on the right of the screen especially right of the lens flare. Maybe not pure white (you want the lens flare to show up)

That is what I think would make it look better but it looks great already.
Old 09-30-2007   #8

Battle Wins: 3 (rank: #12)
Oops I forgot to add, fade the upper spider web into the background more. It looks kind of unnatural being that white.
Closed Thread