Welcome, Guest

Please login or register

FORUMS SUBMENU

Register Forum Rules Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BioRUST Forums > Graphics Software & Support > Adobe Photoshop > Getting rid of grainy effect in a picture
Sponsored Links

Thread: Getting rid of grainy effect in a picture

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2006   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to ecntrc
Getting rid of grainy effect in a picture

I was wondering how I can get rid of a grainy effect in a picture.. ill post the picture.. tell me how i can get rid of the grainy in it.. any way? I had to strech it.. someone help please!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Getting rid of grainy effect in a picture-grainytype-jpg  
Old 08-16-2006   #2
Janitor of Lunacy

Battle Wins: 22 (rank: #1)
If you've got Photoshop CS2 there are two good tools for removing grain. One is the Reduce Noise filter (Filter > Noise > Reduce Noise...) and the other is the Surface Blur filter (Filter > Blur > Surface Blur...).

If not, you might be able to do it with careful use of the Blur tool. There is also a 3rd-party plugin called Grain Surgery by Visual Infinity, although you might have to pay for that.

"I might join your century, but only as a doubtful guest"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-17-2006   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to sethcapitulo
you may also use Filter>Noise>Dust and Scratches...dupe ur background ...apply Dust and Scratches on the dupe... add a layer mask next to it...use your brush tool...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-17-2006   #4

ok im going to try those out.. thanks ill let you know..
Old 08-19-2006   #5
ferike

Hello I tried to see your stretched pic, but it is too small... can you send me the photo I have an excelent plugin to remove grain...

Old 08-25-2006   #6

The regular picture is alot smaller, I had to also strecth it out thats how it got to be grainy.. But I tried sethcapitulo's sugges and it worked. Since I dont have PS CS2 I went with seths and it came out just like I wanted it to. Thanks for you help Appreciate it..
Old 08-25-2006   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to sethcapitulo
another way of doing it...make 2 copies of background layer then hide background layer..select the middle layer and apply Dust and Scratches..select topmost layer and create a layer mask..use brush tool...
P.S. Filter>blur>gaussian blur is much better if you have great amounts of grain to remove because Dust and Scratches tend to produce posterize-like effects when applied in great amounts...

Last edited by sethcapitulo; 08-28-2006 at 08:39 AM.
Closed Thread