Welcome, Guest

Please login or register

FORUMS SUBMENU

Register Forum Rules Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BioRUST Forums > Graphics Software & Support > Adobe Photoshop > Overlapping Images: Putting images on top of another
Sponsored Links

Thread: Overlapping Images: Putting images on top of another

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2005   #1
jasonchan483

Question Overlapping Images: Putting images on top of another

Hi I wanted to know how to put images on top of each other just like this website: http://leucadiapizza.com/menu/mainmenu.htm . I know it has something to do with layers but i have to open up each image, and each image has its own independent layers. How do i merge pics together???

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-30-2005   #2
aldog

make one file who's size is big enough to fit everything else in and then open each image and select all (CTRL+A) and copy (CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) into the blank document.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-30-2005   #3
jasonchan483

I opened up a new blank image and opened up a few images but I cannot select all. When I press ctrl+A it only selects one of the images, the new blank one or other ones, and it just "selects the canvas." There is no select all option in the file menu either. Am I doing something wrong?

Old 07-30-2005   #4
jasonchan483

K nevermind, I figured out what you were saying. However I have another question. When i move the objects, the background of the image appears. Basically what Im tryin to say is that i have an image and I want to isolate it so that only the image appears and not the background of it. I have used the wand and chose no background color but when I save it as a jpeg file, it automatcially gives me a white background. How do I avoid this so that my image will map onto any background (an image background, such as a texture one)?

Old 07-30-2005   #5
aldog

for transparent images (which is what you're going for i believe) save as a gif...or preferably a .png file.
png file's are larger in size at time's, but definitely better quality.
it all depends on your image though...
but, jpeg's can't have tranpsarent backgrounds..
sorry if i stumbled at all in this post...i'm tie tie.

Old 07-30-2005   #6
Tech Support

Send a message via ICQ to Man1c M0g Send a message via MSN to Man1c M0g Send a message via Skype™ to Man1c M0g
If you want complex overlaid pictures with backgrounds, the best way to handle that is to make a fake background totally filled with the background colour of your webpage - that way it seems seamless. If you do that it won't matter what image format you use... although .JPG might be better for file-size reasons.