Welcome, Guest

Please login or register

FORUMS SUBMENU

Register Forum Rules Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BioRUST Forums > Graphics Software & Support > Adobe Photoshop > "Reading global text resources" - A problem in CS
Sponsored Links

Thread: "Reading global text resources" - A problem in CS

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2004   #1
ranjithkr1

"Reading global text resources" - A problem in CS

I am having a problem in photoshop cs while opening itself. While the splash screen with loading messages are being displayed, CS gets hanged without any response(Specifically when the loading message reads"Reading global text resources". Can any one help me?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-25-2004   #2

Send a message via AIM to GoldNetX
I am not quite sure exactly what is wrong, but here are a couple suggestions.

If it previously worked and no longer does, attempt a re-install. If this doesn't work it may be in some way due to software that you have recently installed (unlikely).

If it has never worked the copy may be corrupt and/or didn't get correctly installed, try contacting some type of customer support from Adobe about this.

The only other possibilty is that your computer can not handle loading the program and is crashing. The few times that Photoshop caused a similar hanging problem for me, a re-install was able to fix it.

www.gusmayo.com
- Maybe a story or two -

www.jaloobie.com
... your new home ...

www.webinkproductions.com
- professional web application design -
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-25-2004   #3
jonbalza

Resetting the preferences is WAY easier than a reinstall. But that's not the problem. You need to delete the file: "New Doc Sizes.psp" from this folder:

"C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\8.0\Adobe Photoshop CS Settings"

Then try starting up Photoshop. A common cause of this is trying to edit that file yourself, which you shouldn't need to do with Photoshop CS. It's built into the "File-New" dialog.

edit: edited for spelling.

Last edited by jonbalza; 08-25-2004 at 08:52 PM.

Old 09-19-2005   #4
dewayne

Talking Global Text Resources photoshop

i followed jbalza's directions exactly, and it worked. Thanks, my IT guy's would've taken a week to figure this out.

i did have to "reactivate" my copy of photoshop, while it didn't require me to enter my serial, it did re-send information to adobe before it would allow me to use the program.

Old 10-19-2005   #5
camie_lm

photoshop freezes @ global text resources

I am having the same issue with photoshop cs2
I deleted the 'new doc sizes.psp' file and photoshop still will not start back up
I even tried to run a repair - but creative suite isn't giving my that option

anyone have any ideas?

Old 10-21-2005   #6

Send a message via AIM to Heruka Send a message via MSN to Heruka Send a message via Yahoo to Heruka
If that doesn't work, then you should try the reinstall.
Old 11-22-2005   #7
strozzi

Smile Same problem but i fix it with jonbalza tips

Firs i try to delete only new doc sizes, but do not work

Then i move all the files of C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\9.0\Adobe Photoshop CS Settings
To a temporal location ( like a temporal delet)
And IT WORKS.....

Be sure to back yoyr actions file, (If you have custom actions)

Also as a tip you need to change some permisions in your explorer to acces this folders

Thanks to jonbalza...

Old 01-04-2006   #8
MaTtY

Smile ThaNx

hey thanx for the help, i had that problem for agges and i couldnt use photoshop the whole time.. you guys are lifesavers . thanx again

matty
Attached Thumbnails
"Reading global text resources" - A problem in CS-mesig-jpg  

Old 02-05-2006   #9
znet

I still cannot find the dir "C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\8.0\Adobe Photoshop CS Settings" (or is it because I have uninstalled photoshop and deleted the preference files with them) but after I have uninstall the photoshop+preference files and re install them again, it still does not work. I have lost my "C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\8.0\Adobe Photoshop CS Settings" too !!!!

What should I do??

Old 02-13-2006   #10
brgreen

To find the folder you will have to enable the viewing of Hidden Files and Folders in you tools and folder options. I had to delete all of the files in this folder to get it to work. Warning this will erase any presets, actions, color settings, etc. you may have. But atleast it works. :-)

Closed Thread